Friday, June 21, 2013

Even healthier potato salad

Maybe because its the first day of summer (finally!), or because I really wanted to eat these potatoes that I decided to make them into a cold salad. I highly suggest waiting for the potatoes to cool and for the salad to absorb all of the flavors for at least an hour.



Ingredients:
-1 lb (1/2 kilogram) multi colored baby potatoes
-1/4 large purple onion 
-3 stalks celery
-1 cup sprouted red lentils
-1/2 cup vegenaise 
-1 tablespoon lemon juice
-salt and pepper to taste


1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (218 degrees Celsius). 
2. Dice onion and slice celery. Cry your eyes out from the onion.

3. Bake potatoes on lightly sprayed baking sheet for 20 minutes. Let potatoes cool (I didn't because I have a patience of a toddler when hungry).

4. Mix all ingredients and season to taste. Let sit in fridge for at least an hour. Eat. 


Devour it in your mouth!





No comments:

Post a Comment