Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Zucchini Pizza

We all have those days where you just don't want to move. I blame it on the internet. And on those days I have the awesome idea that I have to workout. Later though because I get really hyper at night. And since I know I'm going to burn calories later, I decided I need pizza. That and I spent an hour annoying my best friend last night talking about food while she tried to sleep.

As I'm on the gluten free train, and had the biggest zucchini ever, I decided to "quickly" make myself my favorite food group-PIZZA!


Ingredients:
-1 big ass zucchini
-1 cup tomato sauce/pizza sauce
-2 tablespoons tapioca flour (to thicken sauce if needed)
-Daiya mozzarella cheese (or any other vegan cheese alternative. I'm waiting (not very patiently) to try Dairy Tree's cheese line)
-sea salt
-Toppings of your hungry heart's desire


1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (218 degrees Celsius)

2. Slice big ass zucchini in four long equal slices.


2. Mix tomato sauce and tapioca flour if needed.



3. Rub a tiny pinch of salt on zucchini, place on foil lined baking sheet, and put in oven.

4. Dance around to Taylor Swift in your kitchen.

5. After 15 minutes, flip zucchini slices and bake for another 15 minutes.

6. Top zucchini with sauce, cheese, and toppings and bake for another 15 minutes. I did 12, but that's because I'm impatient. Sorry I'm not sorry.



Inhale it in your mouth!



No comments:

Post a Comment