Sunday, June 9, 2013

Protein cookies

Sometimes living in beautiful Southern California has its downsides, like June gloom. And though its been happening every single year since I moved to the states in 1997, I'm still shocked every year that the weather sucks. So today I decided that I want to make some cookies that have a little oomph. And let me tell you, these cookies are fantastic and so stupidly simple to make.



Ingredients:
-2 ripe bananas
-1 cup oatmeal
-1/2 cup dried blueberries 
-1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (If you eat a low fat diet, omit the coconut flakes)
-1 scoop vegan protein powder (I used pea protein)


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176 degrees Celsius). 
2. Blend (or mash) bananas. 
3. Combine all ingredients and mix.


4. Place cookie shaped mixture on a slightly greased baking sheet (at first I made them into balls, but they didn't settle, so I smushed them with a spoon after a few minutes to give them a cookie shape).


5. Wait an agonizing 15 minutes, and let cool for a few minutes. 

Enjoy them in your mouth!



No comments:

Post a Comment