Monday, April 29, 2013

Gluten free spring pasta

I've been seeing so many recipes for spring time pasta on all the food blogs I follow (and YouTube), that I just had to make some for myself.
As I am cutting gluten out of my diet (trying to at least), I decided to use some buckwheat noodles (soba noodles). Buckwheat is non allergenic, as well as a complete source of protein, containing each of the eight essential amino acids. How's that for pasta?


Ingredients:

-1/2 package of soba noodles
-1 bunch asparagus
-2 large tomatoes
-1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
-1 tablespoon vegan pesto (recipe will be coming)
-Sriracha (completely optional, I just have to have spice in 99% of my meals)


1. Set a pot of water to a boil.
2. Wash, and cut off dry ends of asparagus.
3. When water is boiling steam asparagus for 5 minutes.
4. Add in a pinch of salt to water and throw in noodles with asparagus steaming on top. Stir occasionally. Cook for 5 minutes.
4. Cut tomatoes in half, de seed with spoon, and dice in cubes.
5. Drain noodles, toss in olive oil.
6. Cut asparagus, and toss with remaining ingredients.

Enjoy it in your mouth!













No comments:

Post a Comment