Thursday, April 18, 2013

Mushroom pizza bites

So today in the midst of running errands I spent some time at the beach in Santa Barbara. The weather was perfect, sunshine, slight wind, and basic California heaven. As I later stepped into Lassen's (a health food store) I got a peek at a soy vegan pizza. And I wanted pizza. So badly I was as crazy (crazy hungry) as the man in the next lane talking about how he should have stabbed a woman after she accidentally bumped into him with her cart.
Anywho, I'm cutting out gluten and I LOVE mushrooms, so I decided to use them as my crust base. And holy cow, these were so good I just inhaled them. I did allow myself some processed food such as pizza sauce, daiya cheese, and sriracha.

Ingredients:
-7 medium shiitake mushrooms
-Can of pizza sauce
-Daiya mozzarella cheese (or vegan cheese of your choice)
-Toppings (optional)
-Sriracha


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit ( 176 degrees Celsius)
2. Wash, dry, and cut off stems of mushrooms.
3. Broil mushrooms on slightly greased pan or foil for 10 minutes. Then flip and broil top of cap for 5 minutes.
4. Spoon sauce, and top with Daiya or toppings.
5. Broil several minutes till cheese melts.

Enjoy them in your mouth!



























No comments:

Post a Comment