Sunday, February 3, 2013

Superbowl tacos

      I will be the first to admit, I had no interest in watching this year's superbowl. But I have been drooling over all of these different delicious foods from blogs, facebook, and instagram. From nachos, to "wings", to pizza I want it all in my mouth. But just because it tastes good, and looks good, doesn't mean it's good for you.Now I like to be able to stuff my face, and feel light and full an hour later, instead of sick and lethargic, so today I decided to make a favorite of mine- raw tacos.

   These were the final tacos before the flowers (what flowers you may ask, stay tuned).

Ingredients:

-4 romaine leaves (also can use butter leaves, kale, collard greens)

Salsa:
-1 tomato
-4 mini bell peppers
-1/4 of a purple onion
-1 small avocado
-1 small chile (I didn't have one on hand, so I used a ton of cayenne pepper)

-3/4 cup chopped mushrooms

"Cheese"
-1 cup cashews soaked for 2-4 hours
-2 tablespoons coconut milk
-2 tablespoons lemon juice
-2-3 tablespoons nutritional yeast

-1/2 large cucumber
-8 nasturtium flowers
-salt
-garlic powder
-parsley flakes
-lemon juice

1. Blend ingredients for cheese or use food processor.
2. Add in a few spoonfuls of cheese to mushrooms, this will be your "meat".
3. Chop all ingredients for salsa.
4. Cut cucumber in small bite sized pieces.
5. Season mushroom meat and salsa to your liking.
6. Divide mushroom meat/cheese mix evenly on romaine leaves.
7. Add chopped cucumbers.
8. Generously disperse salsa on tacos.
9. Add some nasturtium flowers for some eye catching attention and flavor.

Enjoy them in your mouth!







I didn't check my flowers thoroughly and luckily spotted this little fellow on my flower! I released him into the wild (my backyard) with his flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment