Sunday, June 16, 2013

Protein veggie burger

It's Father's Day, or sperm day as I like to call it. Aside from that the manly thing is to have a burger. And because I don't eat meat I decided to make my own veggie burgers. They were bomb.com. I ate them all day yesterday. And today. No shame.

Side note-I always keep frozen cooked garbanzo beans and mushrooms in my freezer and just defrosted them overnight.




Ingredients:
-2 cups cooked garbanzo beans
-1 cup cooked ground mushrooms
-1.5 cups quinoa
-4 heaping tablespoons gluten free flour
-Garlic cloves
-Spices (I used tarragon, thyme, Greek seasoning, dill, parsley, black pepper, pink Himalayan salt, and nutritional yeast)
-Grapeseed oil spray


1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius) 
2. Blend/process/mash garbanzo beans till coarse texture occurs.

3. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl with hands.



4. Form burger shapes out of mixture and place on lightly oiled baking sheet.


5. Place in oven for 15 minutes, flip, and bake for 15 more minutes. 
6. Add on every possible condiment (vegenaise, ketchup, hot sauce, mustard, relish, etc.), vegan cheese, avocado, tomato, greens, sprouts on bun, sprouted bread, or leafy greens for protein style. 

Inhale it in your mouth.



No comments:

Post a Comment